Training with Tri-Anglia
Training Tri-Anglia involves a number of sessions that either operate weekly throughout the year, weekly within a specific season, monthly within a season or ad hoc when required. We organise separate sessions for Adults and Juniors.
PLEASE NOTE : Due to COVID-19 restrictions, some training sessions are currently cancelled, but sessions are now being introduced, please see the current sessions listed below.
Regular Weekly Training Sessions
The training team host a number of weekly regular sessions, some throughout the year, some seasonal.
NHSG Swim Sessions
These are our evening coached swim sessions at Norwich High School (formally called Norwich High School for Girls). These 1 hour swim sessions s operate currently at 7:30pm Mondays, 8pm Wednesdays and 7:30pm Thursdays. We have all four lanes of the pool and have quite a mix of abilities ranging from those able to swim front crawl through to those quite proficient. The sessions comprise a mix of drills, technique work and focused efforts which varies across the lanes and is tailored to those who are attending. These sessions are popular, but open to all to attend. To secure your spot for a particular session click “attending” against that session on the training sessions list. Membership cards are to be taken to these sessions, so that emergency contact details are to hand should something untoward happen (highly unlikely) and to initiate collection via direct debit of the session fee which is £4.
UEA Sportspark AM Swim Sessions
Also operating twice weekly throughout the year is the more advanced morning swim squad at the UEA Sportspark 6:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These sessions open to all to attend but need to be booked in advanced via the Training Sessions Page, there are 7 spots available per lane. Please book yourself into the relevant lane depending on your ability.
UEA Sportspark AM Swim Lane Turnaround Times
- LANE 1 : Capable of repeating 100m off 2:00 – 2:15
- LANE 2 : Capable of repeating 100m off 1:50 – 2:00
- LANE 3 : Capable of repeating 100m off 1:40 – 1:50
- LANE 4 : Capable of repeating 100m off under 1:40
Open Water Swim Sessions at Whitlingham Lake
Our most popular weekly sessions are the Open Water Swim sessions at Whitlingham Broad during the summer months. These are open to those capable of swimming 1500m in open water and operate Saturday mornings 8-10am from early May through to mid September and Wednesday evening 6-8pm from early May through to the end of August. For more details see the Open Water Swimming training page.
NHSG Junior Swim Sessions
The weekly junior swim sessions are held at The Norwich High School For Girls every Monday during term time at 6:30pm. A waiting list to these sessions is held by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club Turbo Sessions
Also weekly through the winter are the club turbo sessions at Hayman Lodge Catton Park. £5 per session from the scan of your membership card. We have a limited number of club turbos, so please book in via the training sessions page. You will need your bike, bike shoes, a drink etc. You may bring your own turbo. For Winter 2018-19 these will be Friday evenings arriving from 6:30pm for a 7pm start. There will be a coach on hand to help you setup and give advice throughout the session. These are open to beginners as well as more experienced members.
Saturday Morning Club Ride
Our final weekly winter session are club rides that depart from outside the UEA Sportspark on Saturday mornings. Details are to be found via the club training page. No cost to these, though bring some money for the cafe stop.
Wednesday Night Run Group 2020
Wednesday Night Running Club is for all runners all abilities. The aim of the sessions are for you to build your confidence and improve your running fitness. There is a mixture of safely distanced social running, efforts, drills and knowledge exchange. We are fortunate to have experienced run coaches planning the sessions each week, with Steph Waterman leading. There are a mixture of out and back runs and effort sessions led by the coaches with support from Activators and take place at various locations in Norwich (depending on the type of session). There is no TA charge for the sessions, however, ALL members wishing to attend MUST book on this session and cannot turn up without a prior booking, if you do so you will be turned away.
NHSG Junior Run Sessions
The weekly junior run sessions are held at The Norwich High School For Girls every Monday during term time at 5:30pm. A waiting list to these sessions is held by email@example.com.
Regular Monthly Training Sessions
During the winter the club also run monthly training events. These include:
Winter Handicap 5k/10k Series
During the winter, we run a monthly timed 10k and 5k runs at Whitlingham Country Park (from the Flint Barn) in the winter. These are organised as a handicap so that you declare an estimated run time on arrival and runners are set off in order to get everyone at the finish line at roughly the same time. These are free to attend but attendees must sign up beforehand via the Training Sessions page and declare their estimated finish times.
Lotus Club Duathlon
Timed duathlons for juniors and adults, with adults course comprising a 4.2k run, 31.5k cycle and 2.2k run at the Lotus Test Track in the winter. The cycle involves 9 laps of the 3.5k race track. There is a £5 charge for this session and places must be booked via theTraining Sessions page
- You will be emailed a URL and password 24 hours before the session.
- 60p entry for non Sportspark members.
- Park at main UEA Sportspark car park. Validate your ticket at reception.
- University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ
Norwich High School For Girls (HSFG)
- 95 Newmarket Road, Norwich NR2 2HU
- Catton Park Oak Lane Norwich NR6 7DB
Flint Barn, Whitlingham
- Parking charges are payable 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week. There is no overnight parking allowed on-site. Charges apply to all car park users. Tickets will only be available to purchase at a kiosk within the car parks or there is the option to pre-pay on line at www.rcpparking.com. Mobile/Online booking does not guarantee a space upon arrival at the car park. Please note that parking cannot be paid for at the Flint Barn. Tickets should be clearly displayed within the vehicle as car parking attendants will be regularly patrolling the site.
- Whitlingham Country Park, Whitlingham Lane, Trowse, Norwich, NR14 8TR
- Tea & Coffee facilities on site. Showers and changing rooms.
- Parking charges are payable 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week. There is no overnight parking allowed on-site. Charges apply to all car park users. Tickets will only be available to purchase at a kiosk within the car parks or there is the option to pre-pay on line at www.rcpparking.com. Mobile/Online booking does not guarantee a space upon arrival at the car park. Please note that parking cannot be paid for at the Flint Barn. Tickets should be clearly displayed within the vehicle as car parking attendants will be regularly patrolling the site. Permits available.
- Whitlingham Ln, Trowse, Norwich NR14 8TR
Lotus Test Track
- Car Parking on site
- Group Lotus Potash Lane Hethel Wymondham NR14 8EZ
- Parking is limited at the venue. See Beccles Lido website for alternative parking options http://beccleslido.com/#parking
- Puddingmoor, Beccles, Suffolk NR34 9PL
Club Activators are volunteers who are certified by BTF to lead non-coached bike and run sessions.
Karen Rix, Kevin Burgess, Paul Saunders, Russell Clarke, Chris Hamlin, Ali Masterson, Janice Coglin-Hibbert, Amy Shawcross
Return To Play Form
All members must complete the COVID-19 Return to Play form before attending any session or Tri-Anglia activity. On completion, the form must be emailed to the Covid Officer.
Adults can complete the online form
Young club members will need to complete one of the forms below signed by a parent or guardian: