Training with Tri-Anglia
Training Tri-Anglia involves a number of sessions that either operate weekly throughout the year, weekly within a specific season, monthly within a season or ad hoc when required. We organise separate sessions for Adults and Juniors.
Regular Weekly Training Sessions
The training team host a number of weekly regular sessions, some throughout the year, some seasonal.
NHSG Swim Sessions
These are our evening coached swim sessions at Norwich High School (formally called Norwich High School for Girls). These 1 hour swim sessions operate currently at 7:15pm Mondays and 7:30pm Thursdays. We have all four lanes of the pool and have quite a mix of abilities ranging from those able to swim front crawl through to those quite proficient. The sessions comprise a mix of drills, technique work and focused efforts which varies across the lanes and is tailored to those who are attending. These sessions are popular, but open to all to attend. To secure your spot for a particular session click “attending” against that session on the training sessions list. Membership cards are to be taken to these sessions, so that emergency contact details are to hand should something untoward happen (highly unlikely) and to initiate collection via direct debit of the session fee which is £4.
UEA Sportspark AM Swim Sessions
Also operating twice weekly throughout the year is the more advanced morning swim squad at the UEA Sportspark 6:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These sessions open to all to attend but need to be booked in advanced via the Training Sessions Page, there are 7 spots available per lane.
Open Water Swim Sessions at Whitlingham Lake
Our most popular weekly sessions are the Open Water Swim sessions at Whitlingham Broad during the summer months. These are open to those capable of swimming 1500m in open water and operate Saturday mornings 8-10am from early May through to mid September and Wednesday evening 6-8pm from early May through to the end of August. For more details see the Open Water Swimming training page.
Junior Swim Sessions
The weekly junior swim sessions are held at The Norwich High School For Girls every Monday during term time. We also have a Progression session for our older faster juniors on Wednesday evenings at 6pm. These sessions are invite only for juniors progressing on from our Monday night sessions, and also available to any older junior members who don’t currently swim with us, but can swim 100m in the region of 1min 40secs.
Club Turbo Sessions
Also weekly through the winter are the club turbo sessions at Hayman Lodge Catton Park. £5 per session from the scan of your membership card. We have a limited number of club turbos, so please book in via the training sessions page. You will need your bike, bike shoes, a drink etc. You may bring your own turbo. For Winter 2018-19 these will be Friday evenings arriving from 6:30pm for a 7pm start. There will be a coach on hand to help you setup and give advice throughout the session. These are open to beginners as well as more experienced members.
Saturday Morning Club Ride
Our final weekly winter session are club rides that depart from outside the UEA Sportspark on Saturday mornings. Details are to be found via the club training page. No cost to these, though bring some money for the cafe stop.
All sessions are for everyone, regardless of running or triathlon experience. The sessions are led by Tony Hatton-Gore, supported by other coaches and activators; and we are used to groups of mixed ability so come along and have a go.
UEA Track Sessions
The aims are for members to build confidence, improve running fitness and technique and to support personal training plans; as well as meeting other members of the club.
These sessions are about progressive effort, starting with dynamic stretches to warm up, main set of progressive efforts by distance/timed intervals/drills and then a cool down to include static stretches.
Meet trackside (end nearest the building) at UEA Sportspark, Norwich NR4 7TJ by 7:40 pm for a prompt start.
Admission is free and we have sole use of the track. We ask for a contribution of £3 per session to assist with the club’s costs.
Car parking is free. Use either the Sportspark or main University car parks and validate ticket (either at machine in entrance hall or at reception) before leaving the building.
Bike racks, changing rooms and other amenities are available.
Wednesday Night Running Sessions
The aim is to build your confidence and improve your running fitness. There is a mixture of social running/out and back runs, efforts over specific distances, drills e.g. change of pace and knowledge exchange. Sessions are held at various locations around Norwich, depending on the type of session. There is no TA charge, but you must book a place on the session on the training website.
NHSG Junior Run Sessions
The weekly junior run sessions are held at The Norwich High School For Girls every Monday during term time at 6.15pm.
Regular Monthly Training Sessions
During the winter the club also run monthly training events. These include:
Winter Handicap 5k/10k Series
During the winter, we run a monthly timed 10k and 5k runs at Whitlingham Country Park (from the Flint Barn) in the winter. These are organised as a handicap so that you declare an estimated run time on arrival and runners are set off in order to get everyone at the finish line at roughly the same time. These are free to attend but attendees must sign up beforehand via the Training Sessions page and declare their estimated finish times.
Lotus Club Duathlon
Timed duathlons for juniors and adults, with adults course comprising a 4.2k run, 31.5k cycle and 2.2k run at the Lotus Test Track in the winter. The cycle involves 9 laps of the 3.5k race track. There is a £5 charge for this session and places must be booked via theTraining Sessions page
- 60p entry for non Sportspark members.
- Park at main UEA Sportspark car park. Validate your ticket at reception.
- University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ
Norwich High School For Girls (HSFG)
- Please park in the car park from Albermarle road to avoid being locked in.
- 95 Newmarket Road, Norwich NR2 2HU
- Tea & Coffee facilities on site. Showers and changing rooms.
- Parking charges are payable 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week. There is no overnight parking allowed on-site. Charges apply to all car park users. Tickets will only be available to purchase at a kiosk within the car parks or there is the option to pre-pay on line at www.rcpparking.com. Mobile/Online booking does not guarantee a space upon arrival at the car park. Please note that parking cannot be paid for at the Flint Barn. Tickets should be clearly displayed within the vehicle as car parking attendants will be regularly patrolling the site. Permits available.
- Whitlingham Ln, Trowse, Norwich NR14 8TR
Lotus Test Track
- Car Parking on site
- Group Lotus Potash Lane Hethel Wymondham NR14 8EZ
- Parking is limited at the venue. See Beccles Lido website for alternative parking options http://beccleslido.com/#parking
- Puddingmoor, Beccles, Suffolk NR34 9PL
- Toilet available on site but no changing or shower facility
- Parking available outside in front of the lodge
- Catton Park, Oak Lane Norwich NR6 7DB
Framingham Earl Sports Centre
- Changing facilities and toilets accessible enter the venue via the high school entrance
- Parking Available
- Norwich Rd, Poringland, Norwich NR14 7QP
- Main entrance to school off Cecil Road, parking in front of school
- Cecil Road Norwich NR1 2PL
- Ivy Road Norwich NR5 8BF
Lingwood Village Hall
- The hall has indoor toilets and showers, Café, licenced bar. The hall has a defibrillator on site.
- ** Please arrive on foot or by bike if at all possible ** Car parking is available and will initially be in the Lingwood Primary School next door to the hall, with any overflow in the hall car park on the North side of the Hall. Marshalls will show you where to park upon arrival.
- Lingwood Village Hall & Social Club, Station Rd, Lingwood, Norwich NR13 4AZ
Waitrose Car Park
- Waitrose Car Park Eaton NR4 6NU
Victory Swim and Fitness Centre
- Station Road North Walsham NR28 0DZ
- Parking spaces outside of the gym
- 9 Gilchrist Close Bessemer Road Norwich NR4 6AT
The White Horse Pub
- The Street Trowse Norwich NR14 8ST
- South Park Avenue Norwich NR4 7AU
- Church Street Wymondham NR18 0PH
Club Activators are volunteers who are certified by BTF to lead non-coached bike and run sessions.
Karen Rix, Kevin Burgess, Paul Saunders, Russell Clarke, Chris Hamlin, Ali Masterson, Janice Coglin-Hibbert, Amy Shawcross, Lisa Alston
Return To Play Form
All members must complete the COVID-19 Return to Play form before attending any session or Tri-Anglia activity. On completion, the form must be emailed to the Covid Officer.
Adults can complete the online form
Young club members will need to complete one of the forms below signed by a parent or guardian: